Questions to ask my guests
Pertaining to the guest themself
- Who are you and what do you do?
- Do you currently or have you ever played Dungeons & Dragons? If not, is it something that you have an interest in?
- Do you have a favorite NPC (non-player character) from an RPG/video games? Why are they your favorite? If you are not a gamer, do you have a favorite sidekick or supporting character from literature, history, or film/TV etc.? Why are they your favorite?
- Do you have a favorite sidequest from an RPG/video games? Why is it your favorite? If you are not a gamer, do you have a favorite B plot/minor plot from literature, film/TV, or particular minor event in history? Why is it your favorite?
- What are you passionate about and why?
- Do you wish to make a character based on yourself, based on your favorite NPC, based off someone you know, improvise a character live on the air from scratch, or do you want to randomize a character using a table?
- What is this character’s name?
- What is their ancestry (i.e. human, elf, dwarf, halfling, etc)?
- What is your job or role (i.e. farmer, hierling/mercenary, shopowner, bandit, etc)?
- How old are you?
- Describe your physical appearance.
- Describe yourself with 3 adjectives.
- What is a valuable item/piece of lore/secret that this character possesses? Or do they value an ideal/concept or particular person (i.e. family member, guild member, honor, justice, love etc.)
- What is a particular quest you would be willing to recruit or hire the player characters to go do?
- What would be their reward for succeeding?
- What would be the consequence of failure or refusing the call?
Optional Questions - not required
- What are the goals and motivations of your character?
- How do these affect your general personality?
- How do you normally interact with your family/friends/peers? With your enemies/rivals? With people who work for you/report to you? With player characters?
- Do you have a particular accent or language? Any idiosyncrasies in how you act and speak?
- What impact have you made on the world? How have you shaped the local area?
- Do you have any current problems that prevent you from being a bigger player on the stage?